- What Information we collect
We do not collect personal information from you when you browse our website. In case you register on our site, we may collect the following personal information:
- Name and gender;
- Contact information including email address;
- Demographic information such as zip code, age, preferences and interests;
We do not collect Sensitive Information from you as defined by the Law.
Collection of information that is not ‘personal information’
We also collect information about your interaction with our website, services and products without identifying you as an individual. For example, we use website analytics tools on our website to retrieve information from your browser, including the website that referred you to our site, the search engine(s) and the keywords you used to find our site, the pages you view within our site, your browser add-ons, and your browser’s width and height. We also use technologies, such as cookies and web beacons (described below), to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our website. Aside from that, we get certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses. We also deliver advertisements and we collect information as page views to these third party sites as well.
When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mails from 7dayspecialnews, we may use web beacons (described below), customized links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you with more focused e-mail communications or other information.
Information we collect from other sources
In order to provide you with a more consistent and personalized user experience in your interactions with 7dayspecialnews, information we collect may be consolidated with information obtained from third-party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, online marketing companies and ad targeting companies) and supplement the information we collect with information obtained from those third party sources. For instance:
- we may use services from other companies that let us elicit a general geographic area based on your IP address in order to customize certain services to your geographic area.
- we may obtain third party information relating to your advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular advertisement.
- What we do with the information we collect
7dayspecialnews does not sell, or otherwise trade, your personal information.
Your personal information is used by us to carry out our interaction with you, including understanding your needs and providing you with better services. In particular, we use your personal information and you consent to us using your personal information:
- for internal record keeping including site usage and administration of product;
- to improve our services including customizing our website;
- for promotion and direct marketing to you of our products and services;
- for internal product/service analysis (market research); and,
- to comply with the Law and protect against fraudulent activity.
- to conduct market research and analysis for the purpose of making our products and services better;
- to conduct promotions for us and third parties;
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate any complaints made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of our Terms and Conditions or that you have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity;
We also use your personal information to communicate with you by e-mail or telephone. If you have opted in to receive newsletters, communications or special offers from 7dayspecialnews you may, in some circumstances, also receive newsletters, communications or special offers from our third party partners.
- When we disclose your personal information
We may disclose personal information kept about you to in such cases:
- our related companies as required for carrying on our business;
- parties involved in the maintenance of our information technology systems;
- your authorized representatives (including accounting, legal and financial advisers);
- organisations required by law;
- law enforcement agencies; and,
- anyone to whom you authorize us to disclose the information.
We do our best to ensurie that your personal information is safe and secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, misuse, modification or loss of your personal information, we have in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information.
These include Information Technology security (including firewalls and password-protected servers), secure document storage, and confidentiality agreements with our employees, agents and contractors.
Access to your personal information is limited to those parties within 7dayspecialnews who require legitimate access to it.
7dayspecialnews relies on secure data storage services in overseas locations. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas entity will not breach the Law in relation to your personal information. In any case, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to such overseas recipients.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you consent, the file is added and the cookie helps us analyze our web. Cookies allow web applications to meet your requirements as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering data about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to detect pages you use. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and refine our website by adjusting it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
In general, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by allowing us to track behaviour on our website. A cookie by no means gives us access to your personal computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can decide whether to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can normally modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you wish. But be aware that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
- Links to other websites
Our website may place links to other websites of interest and third party providers of products. As soon as you use a link to leave our site, we have no control over that other website. We bare no responsibility for the safety and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not ruled by this privacy statement. You need to be cautious and check the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- How to contact us